Of course, while we were sick, I pumped the boys with OJ and made some homemade chicken noodle soup in the crock pot. I also made what Trey calls my "Get Better Tea".
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
This is my own made-up recipe. I never measure; just eyeball.
Feel free to add pretty much anything you'd like to this recipe. Very versatile.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, defrosted, of course. Diced.
- 1 can of chicken broth. I used chicken bouillon.
- Bag of baby carrots OR 2-3 or TEN- haha- regular peeled carrots.
- 1-2 diced potatoes. Red, russet, whatever you want or have on hand.
- Celery. I used 4 sticks of celery.
- 1/2 cup of diced onions.
- 1 box of noodles. (We used bow-tie noodles)
Now here's the hard part. Throw everything into your crock pot/slow cooker. Season to your liking. Put it on low. Cover. Sit and for a few hours. (When the chicken is cooked). Serve up and eat. Told you it was hard!
"Get Better" Tea
Baby T drinking his "Get Better" tea.
Super easy, and you probably already have the ingredients on hand.
- Half a small ginger root. Grated.
- 1 Chamomile tea tea bag. Or green tea.
- Lemon juice.
Heat water. Pour into mug. Add tea bag and ginger. Steep. Add honey & lemon juice to taste. Remove tea bag. You can either scoop out the ginger or drink it with the tea. 3x daily and you'll feel a lot better!