Tuesday, November 22, 2011

We were sick! Homemade soup & "Get Better Tea" recipes.

Yeah, we've been M.I.A. for the last week because T, D and I were sick! A chest cold. Glad to say we're feeling a lot better! Perfect in time for Thanksgiving:)

Of course, while we were sick, I pumped the boys with OJ and made some homemade chicken noodle soup in the crock pot. I also made what Trey calls my "Get Better Tea".


Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

This is my own made-up recipe. I never measure; just eyeball. 
Feel free to add pretty much anything you'd like to this recipe. Very versatile.

You'll need:
  • 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, defrosted, of course. Diced.
  • 1 can of chicken broth. I used chicken bouillon.
  • Bag of baby carrots OR 2-3 or TEN- haha- regular peeled carrots.
  • 1-2 diced potatoes. Red, russet, whatever you want or have on hand.
  • Celery. I used 4 sticks of celery.
  • 1/2 cup of diced onions.
  • 1 box of noodles. (We used bow-tie noodles)


Now here's the hard part. Throw everything into your crock pot/slow cooker. Season to your liking. Put it on low. Cover. Sit and for a few hours. (When the chicken is cooked). Serve up and eat. Told you it was hard!



"Get Better" Tea
Baby T drinking his "Get Better" tea.

Super easy, and you probably already have the ingredients on hand.

You'll need:
  • Half a small ginger root. Grated.
  • 1 Chamomile tea tea bag. Or green tea.
  • Honey
  • Lemon juice.

Heat water. Pour into mug. Add tea bag and ginger. Steep. Add honey & lemon juice to taste. Remove tea bag. You can either scoop out the ginger or drink it with the tea. 3x daily and you'll feel a lot better!

No comments:

Post a Comment